The main objective for establishment of RSCC is the need to deliver qualified cardiologic care to population at the level of international standards, introduction of modern methods of diagnostics and treatment of cardiologic patients into practical healthcare.Structurally, the Center consists of Scientific Research Laboratories, a hospital with 200 beds and an Advisory Clinic for 250 visits per day. For the first time in Uzbekistan, specialized cardiological departments are created at the RSCC, delivering: Emergency Cardiology, Coronary Heart Disease, Arrhythmia, Circulatory Insufficiency and Noncoronary Myocardial Pathologies, Arterial Hypertension, Cardiocerebral Pathology, Rehabilitation, Electrophysiological diagnostics and surgical treatment of complex arrhythmias, Roentgen endovascular surgery and General Cardiology. Moreover, the Center functions departments of functional research methods, epidemiology and prevention of cardiovascular diseases, biochemistry, organizational and methodical department. Annually the Center delivers in-patient care to over 7,000 patients and about 45,000 individuals receive out-patient advice.
Currently, cardiosurgery department with 16 beds is expected for completion, which will allow performing open heart surgeries and resolving the task concerning comprehensive treatment of patients with cardiovascular diseases at the Center. The main achievement of the Center for cardiology is the research potential synthesis at the Research Institute of Cardiology under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan combined with practical work. It enabled to create a mobile cardiological research and production complex and shorten the path of advanced achievements of science from theory into practice. Fundamental and scientific developments carried out within the framework of the State Committee for Science and Technology grants are implemented not only at subdivisions of the Center but also throughout the Republic. The human resources potential of the Center is made of 56 researchers including 10 MDs and 35 PhDs who are professionals in the field of cardiology. Research works are carried out on studying prevalence, peculiarities of a course and prevention of basic cardiovascular diseases in Uzbekistan, optimization of diagnostics and treatment of coronary heart disease, acute myocardial infarction, which are targeted at prevention of sudden death and life-threatening arrhythmias, genetic aspects of essential hypertension, disturbances in a lipid metabolism, diagnostics and treatment of refractory heart failure and cardiomyopathies.
- Introduction of modern methods of diagnostics and delivery of highly skilled specialized medical care to patients with vascular heart diseases
- Continuous update and modernization of existing estate of medical equipment, tools and devices, furnishing of the Center with modern and state-of-the-art medical equipment allowing to deliver specialized and highly qualified medical care up to the world standard;
- Conduction of research aimed at development and introduction of own advanced methods into medical practice including preventive, diagnostics and treatment technologies of patients with main cardiovascular diseases (coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, arrhythmias of heart, arterial hypertension);
- Active participation in development and realization of republican target programs on prevention of arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease and risk factors of their development (smoking, hypodynamia, alcohol abuse, overweight and others);
- Expansion and strengthening of international cooperation with leading cardiologic medical institutions and centers, constant improvement and development of the professional level of the Center’s medical personnel.